Following list is some (not all) of the software installed with Raspbian (ver 1.3.9).
- Debian Reference – Reference documents for Debian, the operating system that the Raspberry Pi’s Raspbian is based on.
- Epiphany Web Browser – a much improved version over the previous Midori browser.
- File Manager – Lightweight graphical manager for files.
- Galculator – calculator with basic, scientific and paper modes.
- IDLE – Integrated Development Environment for Python programming – for version 2.x Python.
- IDLE 3 – same as IDLE but for version 3.x Python.
- Image Viewer – basic image / picture viewer.
- Leafpad – simple text editor.
- LXTerminal – Linux command line shell / terminal.
- Mathematica – computational software used in technical fields based on symbolic mathematics.
- Minecraft: Pi Edition – a version of Minecraft – build and explore Lego-like virtual worlds. Intended as an educational tool for novice programmers (can modify game), but still fun to play.
- OCR Resources – Link to Oxford Cambridge and RSA website with Raspberry Pi documents and tutorials.
- Pi Store – with internet connection, and an account, access The Pi Store to buy Apps.
- Python Games – a collection of simple games
- Scratch –graphical programming environment designed to teach programming concepts.
This is an excerpt from our Software Quick Start Guide.